SMRT implemented a free bus ride to city from 24 June, which was the day I had to go KKH for scan. I reached Bugis by 735pm. Free rides will be given only if you reach the selected destinations by 745am.
When I started my scan with sonographer Karen, she read out the lining to be something like 4.8mm. And she said small follicles. And then she said 'there is something 2 dimensional 18mm x xxmm. My heart sank. It sank even deeper than the ocean when she stopped scanning and asked me to see Dr Tan. I was so scared, I didnt know what she had found.
I was asked to see Dr Tan in a room where he explained to me that they had found a cyst. He assured me several times it is non operable and non life threatening. It should go off, and doesnt do harm to my body. According to him it is relatively common in PCOS people where we dont ovulate properly, and dont ovulate on time. It causes a cyst (either holding an egg or not) to be there from previous cycle. He believes it should go away. It is usually detected on IVF scans but not when doing IUI scans. And he said it doesnt really matter when doing IUI but it matters when doing IVF. He prescribed me Nor E - a type of hormone pill to suppress the hormones and prevent more cysts from forming. I was abit lost at this juncture. I couldnt comprehend the use of the drug. He said I could either proceed but taking a risk with this, or supress it for 21 days and wait for next AF to arrive before starting my cycle. It seems so long and far away again when I prepared myself for stim jabs on Monday, yesterday.
I reluctantly agreed... It was for the best I guessed, and I will be in Dr Tan's good hands come mid Jul. He will be back from his overseas seminar by then. I keep telling myself it is blessing in disguise!
Today is already Day 2 of Nor E. I have 20 days to go! It will fly past me very fast. One sista told me to indulge in my favourite food for the next 21 days.. I think I will to distract myself. After calculating my dates, I realised it isnt that far and it isnt end Jul that we are talking about. Nor E will end on 14 Jul! Which means AF will come a few days after and I can start as early as 22 Jul maybe? So it's not so late afterall.. I thought I will start only in early Aug!
Anyway, patience will pay off!



Jiayou jiayou. Yup, u r in good hands of dr tan.
ReplyDeleteTake this time to build up your body and be in the good hands of Dr Tan.
ReplyDeleteThanks girls!
ReplyDeleteYes, Dr Tan will be able to give you a miracle. Jia you jia you! And I love your polka dot bag! Lovely!
ReplyDeletethanks circles!!! yeah this bag is cute!
ReplyDelete