I went over to KKH for an early blood test on Monday, supposedly 15DP3DT. They had wanted me to come down on 17DP3DT instead, 18 Dec. But being very paranoid and impatient, I went ahead still on 16 Dec. Many sistas shared that the beta HCG would be present by now.
Did my blood test and went to work with a very panicky and unsettling heart. I told the nurse to contact hub instead in case Im in a meeting. The truth is, I dont want to hear the bad news. I would rather she tells hub instead.
True enough I was engaged in a meeting at 11+ am when hub called me. I refused to call him back for fear of hearing the bad news. I messaged him instead to ask him about the result as I was abit busy at that moment. Couldnt talk on the phone. He called me again instead and told me he can now go on a holiday, but not for me. I was stunned for a second. I repeated what he just said and I still couldnt believe what he said! BT is positive! I am pregnant!
I couldnt concentrate at work though I was genuinely busy. Hub couldnt concentrate too. I rushed down again to KKH to get my prescription and continued with my Asprin, Progynova, Folic Acid and Duphaston for pregnancy support. I was over the moon! However the nurse told me to come back again on Wed, the actual BT day. My HCG was 226 IU.
I was abit worried again and waited patiently for Wed. Went down and clarified with the nurse abit more. She wants to be really sure the HCG is in the safe range of above 250 IU by KKH standard. I worried again if the beta HCG didnt double. The call came at 10+ am. Thankfully my HCG more than doubled to 464.7 IU! I was relieved though a part of me wished it could be higher. Am not sure if higher HCG means safer and viable pregnancy? Anyway am totally happy still! Nurse Beh is a very nice nurse, but unfortunately my hand suffered the fate of bleeding and maybe slight bruising from her BT.
Hub and I decided to only share the news with our in laws and parents after the second BT when the results are affirmative. They are indeed happy to hear the good news.
I am considered 4 weeks pregnant now.
According to some sites, the size of the embryo is of a poppy seed, which is actually a blastocyst. He/She is setting up shop in the new home, the uterus, preparing for the crucial development over the next 6 weeks.
Symptoms: nothing much lately, only peeing very often at wee hours and feeling hungry and full very quickly.

No comments:
Post a Comment