As the title suggests, the Dilation & Curettage was done.
The episode had a proper closure on 17 Jan, Friday. I was mentally prepared for this but what I was afraid and hated was the plug in the vein to prepare for GA. It is very similar to ER.
I checked in coincidentally with another fella Sista C. We registered ourselves at 815am, and got called into the room at about 845 or 9am, I cant quite remember. We went in, changed into our gown and lay in bed. It was again so coincidental that we were next to each other's bed :) I lay on the bed watching Dr Oz and a HBO movie. I was very bored waiting and looking at the clock. The wait was about 4 hours plus. Surprisingly I didnt feel hungry but only crampy.
I must say the service at Day Surgery is rather good as the nurses were very attentive to our needs. However were were informed that Dr T was busy and would be late for our surgery.
After inserting the cervagem med, I bled by the hour, and the cramp intensity got worse. I had mixed feelings when I saw blood in my pee (it was normal). But it was since Nov that I had my last menses and I had not bled since then. I almost didnt know how it felt to have AF again. How sad.
The pain was initially bearable, until it got more and more painful later in the day that I soaked through 2 pads. I had to ring the buzzer for nurses' help. The pad, gowns and padding on the bed were all stained. After changing the pad, I found the nurses with my bed outside the recovery area at 130pm, waiting to wheel me into the OT! Dr T was on the way. Had I not ring the buzzer, Im not sure how long more I would have to wait! I also overheard they were getting ready to wheel C into the next OT room.
Dr T arrived and I told him I bled heavily and had severe cramps. He assured me it was a good sign, meaning the cervix was opening up and the op would be easier (something to this effect) but with slight discomfort. I was put on GA and oxygen mask. I remember I couldnt breathe well so I kept signalling to the anaesthesian that I couldnt breathe.. after telling them twice, I fell into deep sleep.....
I woke up feeling groggy and heavy headed as I was wheeled into the recovery area. My head was spinning and I remember someone pulling out something from my throat. Apparently that was for me to breathe. I took about half an hr to recover before my hub came with some bread. I felt better and my bleeding had somewhat ceased. Im not sure how the op stopped the bleeding though.. only light stains and spotting were experienced. I was out of KKH by 5pm and that marked the end of the episode.
Looking back, It is so ironic that I got the greatest gift for Xmas, and lost it by CNY and my birthday, which falls on the same day. It takes so long to conceive, but so quick and easy to lose everything, like that in a flash. I dont feel sad anymore because Im over it now but got several comforting messages from colleagues and friends (who knew about it).
I am on my way to recovery, with herbal bath and no cooling stuff for the next few weeks. Meantime, I have to think of what to do in my next 5 weeks of break before I start work and ttc again...
Hugs Hugs.
ReplyDeleteDear missy, so sorry that haven been catching up on forums and blogs. Please know that we will always be here for you. There is still hope. Please continue to be strong and have faith.
ReplyDeleteyup! life goes on, so will be stronger after this episode
ReplyDeletei can understand how u feel as i recently went thru D&C as well, i managed to conceive naturally while preparing for my FET but at week 6, no heart beat detected and HCG was not promising and I start bleeding so gynae concluded i miscarriage and propose a D&C. It was a painful experience as I also TTC for 4 years and finally feel grateful God gave me my baby but yet took it away from me in such a fast moment. Now I see pregnant woman and baby, I actually still feeling very upset
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you. The sad thing about me is I cant even conceive naturally. I feel so useless that I dont feel 'human', I have to rely on med and medical advances to even conceive. I dont feel natural at all.
ReplyDeleteDont worry, you will be stronger after this episode.