Wednesday, 15 January 2014

4th and final scan 15 Jan 13

I received the greatest Christmas gift, but lost it right before Chinese New Year 2014. And I thought I would have a horse baby this year. All hopes are lost now.

The scan by sonographer at AMC once again showed nothing but an empty gestational sac, with just a yolk sac in it and no sign of foetus. I knew everything was gone.

Proceeded to Dr Tan's office for the review. Few options laid in front of me. To do a D&C, to take oral medication and thirdly, to let it flow out and have the MC naturally. D&C of course is the most clear cut process which puts a closure to this. Oral pills do not guarantee 100% clearance, and some patients still need to go back for D&C after that. Also, it doesnt guarantee when it will take place. Lastly the natural method to me is like a time bomb. A bomb waiting to be exploded and again not sure when it will take place but bleeding and cramping are expected. D&C seems like the most plausible course of action which to me is more direct and really clear cut. The unfortunate thing is I have to go thru the GA plug again!

We discussed abt the next steps and looks like I have a to do FET before I can start on fresh cycle. It is KKH policy to get patients to use up all their frozen embryos before they can start a fresh cycle for several reasons which are too many to list here.

By this time, I have vomitted a total of 7 times in a span of 1.5 weeks. All for nothing now. But the symptoms are improving slightly, as the HCG hormones decrease.

Let's take one step at a time now.. I am mentally prepared for this, so I am embracing it and moving forward now.

1 comment:

  1. The lost is painful but I know you can be strong again. I have confident you will carry baby in your arm one day....soon ok.

    ReplyDelete