As what some of the sistas said, ER isnt that scary nor painful. I have personally gone through it (Finally!).
My day began at 7am. Washed up, fast from12mn the night before and I couldnt drink water even in the morning. We made our way to KKH for my 840am appt. I am finally here to do my ER!!! Registered myself with Nurse Lorelei. She's nice and gentle :) Afterwards, I changed into the gown to prepare for the procedure while hub emptied the troopers into the bottle. It wasnt a very long wait. My scheduled ER was 930am and it was around there when Dr T came in. He had an ET before my ER. We talked abit on Carogelene, a pill currently under study to help reduce OHSS. He told me I could decide after the ER. They inserted the plug into my vein which was painful.. and then they inserted the anaesthesia which was abit uncomfortale. I remember telling Elisa (not sure nurse or doc) I could feel abit of pain below. And that was it. I was totally knocked out. Before I knew it, I was already wheeled into the recovery ward. I was groggy and dizzy! I opened my eyes, then closed my eyes. When the nurse came, I asked her what the time was. She said it was 1045am. That meant that I had rested for about 45 min or so, assuming my ER took 30min. I continued to rest for another 30min before I was up. I took a cup of milo and some biscuits cos I was really hungry in the morning. Stomach was growling like mad. Nurse Lorelei discharged me and told me I had 19 eggs retrieved. I am to come back on Monday for ET.
Hub got me a chocolate waffle but I felt super nauseous. Felt like puking but I couldnt. I was still groggy and couldnt walk properly. Nurse Lorelei called me again and told me it is 18 eggs not 19. Abit sad, but nothing I could do.
Closed my eyes and continued to sleep in the car. I rested the entire afternoon but the cramp was very intense. I couldnt walk properly and I was walking like a duck! I tried to purge out the acid in the evening and that made me slightly better. Sistas were saying this is normal and ER is worst than ET. It will not be as bad after ET.
My in laws came over to visit me, and my parents also came with fish bee hoon soup for me in the evening.The 6 of us just sat around and watched the last epi of Dreammakers :)
I am abit better today. Will continue to sleep again like a pig. :P
18 is a good and lucky number!
ReplyDelete