Friday, 21 February 2014

Moving along

Im not sure what to pen down.

Where am I in this cycle? I would say Im in a limbo. It's been 5 weeks since I did my D&C in Jan and still no sight of AF yet but Im sure I noticed some EWCM some time back. Some sistas say it will come between 4-6 weeks' time, and some 7 weeks. Hormones are kinda haywired I understand, but mine is always haywired anyway. So I would say Im in a limbo.

Saw Dr T for my post D&C review yesterday. Did a quick (I mean really quick!) pap smear and a ultrasound scan to see if Ive recovered from the procedure. He shared with me and hub that I have an anovulatory cyst on the left ovary. I felt so down again not knowing why I always encounter obstacles in this journey. However he assured me it is ok and nothing much to worry about. I remember I had that before I was about to start my fresh cycle. I got a bit upset knowing I didnt ovulate on my own and have difficulty ovulating, hence the persistent anovulatory cysts. Seems like Im doomed, and can never BFP on my own. My lining is thick, could be due to the large amount of red bean soup that I consumed over the weeks!

Anyway he prescribed me Duphaston to induce my overdue AF. But I told him I would prefer to wait for AF to come naturally. He explained to me with a diagram that women need to shed our lining regularly. Infrequent AF, low progesterone and absence of lining shedding are very harmful to us. Over time if the lining thickens and accumulates without being shed properly or fully, we are at risk of cancer. The thought of it was horrid. And sometimes when we dont have full AF, we have breakthrough bleeding, which is not good enough.

Anyway he asked if I want to start FET this round since Im pressed for time. It was interesting to hear that because each time I see him I always want to rush through all the procedures to have a BFP quickly. I asked, can I do it so soon??? and what his recommendation was. He said it is up to me as long as I am emotionally ready. I looked at hub, and decided it was best to wait 2 cycles. I dont wish to waste my last 2 embbies, especially they are BL. He advised me to take Duphaston again for next cycle, before we begin the FET. I would estimate it to be sometime in April then. Excited but nervous still after failing 2 cycles.

I got mixed feelings when I saw TSB today. She disapproved of me taking Duphaston as she believes our body auto shuts off and we are unable to have our AF naturally if we keep relying on med, which is against ur natural body system. I told her Dr T's concern of lining becoming too thick and not good for our bodies. She replied that it is even worse relying on so much med in the long run! Oh gosh. Anyway I will take her med once AF clears.

Praying AF comes soon!

1 comment:

  1. Western and Chinese Dr don't agree with each other. Do what you feel is right.

    ReplyDelete